Coaches Corner is for all our Dragons Coaches to stay up to date with current courses and resources.
Deakin Melbourne Boomers recently held a Webinar on Relationship Coaching and have provided us with a recording of the whole session and some useful resources for coaches. Feel free to access any of these at anytime.
Relationship Coaching – Webinar – CLICK HERE
Relationship Coaching – Webinar Slides – CLICK HERE
Book recommendations from Larissa Anderson – CLICK HERE
HOW TO GET (AND KEEP) GIRLS PLAYING
This is a Coaching Girls Guide with strategies for engaging and retaining girls in sport. This is a great read for coaches of girls and parents of girls. This is available on the Nike website and can be accessed here:
BASKETBALL VICTORIA – COACHING PODCAST
The podcast is designed to provide all coaches with the tool and a greater understanding of some of the hot topics. Join Basketball Victoria (hosted by Rob Coulter) as they delve into the issues requiring greater focus and discussion beyond what is generally covered in a standard x’s and o’s session.
With a great guest line up and plenty to talk about, this is a series you are not going to want to miss.
INFECTION CONTROL TRAINING
We ask that all Dragons Coaches complete the Department of Health COVID-19 Infection Control Training Module. COVID-19 infection control online training covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19. This is a FREE course and takes only about 20 minutes to complete.
INFORMATION FOR COACHES AND TEAM MANAGERS
We have updated our coaches and player/parent guidelines accordingly. Please read them carefully.
LINKS TO GUIDELINES
Key requirements for coaches for training and games:
- Ensure players wipe basketballs and sanitise hands at the beginning and end of training sessions
- Complete Team Checklist at the beginning and end of every session. Checklists should be stored in a folder in your Covid kit.
- Please clean areas where players and spectators have gathered at the end of training sessions.
- Covid kits should be brought to all training sessions and games.
- If you require extra wipes, sanitiser, paper towels etc, please contact Geoff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A BSO will be present at all training sessions before grading commences. They will have cleaning products if you currently don’t have a Covid kit and will assist with anything else you require. Please let Geoff know if you don’t have a Covid kit at email@example.com.