** TRYOUTS 2021/22 SEASON **
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN!!!
We are very pleased to announce that registrations for our VJBL Tryouts have opened. Unfortunately due to current restrictions the original dates have been cancelled and the postponed dates will be announced as soon as we are able. All players registered for tryouts will be notified immediately via email of the new dates so please register now.
Registrations for VJBL Tryouts will remain open until the end of October. You must be registered to attend tryouts.
- There will be minimum 4 sessions per age group.
- Players will be allocated to a specific court for their session, they will not move between courts during the session.
- Groups for each session will change to ensure players are seen by different coaches and in combination with different players.
- We may take photos of groups of players during the first session to assist senior coaches with identification of players.
Instructions for Players & Parents
- Each player will be allocated a number. They are to come to each session with the number written in a black marker on the side of both calves and upper arms. Bottom age players should have their numbers underlined. The player number will be the same for each session. (Refer to diagram 1 for an example)
- Please ensure players bring a light and dark training top to each session (or light and dark reversible singlet).
- Players should proceed to their allocated court and are not to move between courts.
- Players will need to have their name and number checked by a Dragons Bio Safety officer (BSO) before entering the court.
- Players will need to wipe basketballs and sanitise their hands before commencing the session.
- One parent or guardian per player may attend a session. They will need to wear a mask, social distance and register with a Dragons BSO and potentially with the venue.
- Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes prior to a session, ensure players are ready and leave promptly at the end of a session
- Please inform us if a player is unable to attend a session(s) at email@example.com
Notification to unsuccessful players
We are delighted with the level of number of players that have registered already. However, we will not be able to accommodate all players who have registered. We may therefore inform some players after each session that they have not been successful.
Unsuccessful players/parents will be notified via email. We understand how disappointing it is for players who are not selected and our coaches and coordinators will be available to discuss observations and recommended areas of focus. We encourage unsuccessful players to work on identified areas and consider tryouts for a later season. A number of our senior players were not successful at their first try-out so don’t give up!
Call out for new Coaches
In order to accommodate extra teams, we required additional coaches. If you are interested please email Rachel or Mark, our Junior Girls and Boys Co-ordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at Tryouts.
Go Dragons – Feel the heat!