Dragons make it compulsory to enter into the Eltham (Australia Day) tournament, and strongly recommend our teams participate in other tournaments throughout the year. These tournaments provide a great opportunity for families of the teams to interact and support the family culture that Dragons pride themselves on. Players are given the opportunity to play against different opponents, away from traditional VJBL teams.
Dragons teams have the opportunity to compete in the following Tournaments in 2016/2017:
- Southern Peninsula (Dromana) – 26th – 27th November 2016
- Eltham / Dandenong Tournament – 26th – 29th January 2017
- Adelaide Norwood Easter Classic – 14th – 17th April (Easter) 2017
- Nunawading Tournament – 10th – 12th June (Queen’s Birthday weekend) 2017
- National Junior Classic – 10th – 12th June (Queen’s Birthday weekend) 2017
The Southern Peninsula tournament is a great way for players and their families to get to know each other as it is the first tournament after teams have been selected.
Some teams may choose to head across to compete against the best that Adelaide has to offer at the Adelaide Easter classic tournament. Costs do vary due to accommodation and transport. Dragons have had great success in the past at the Adelaide Norwood Easter Classic and are strong supporters of the tournament.
The National Junior Classic is an invitation only Tournament in which the top VC teams in Victoria are invited to compete against clubs from interstate. Dragons teams not invited to participate in the National Classic would usually play in the Nunawading tournament.